Monday, April 30, 2007

En Route...

Hey ladies, I just read the latest women's buying report and there are a few new things to expect in the next coming weeks.

More bikini's from Insight are on the way, we only have one two-piece set in right now. It's actually pretty cute and colorful, definitely something the fellas will notice!

I'm excited to announce that American Rag Fashion Island will be receiving a new casual-wear line, Saint Grace. I had came across their line a while back and had made a request for our buyer to look into it and whether it was my request or she already knew about the line, either way we are getting in a shipment very soon. I had thought when I saw the collection was how well it would sell at our store because of how cute and simple it was and plus it was reasonably priced. which in my book is always a great combo! I would say it's a mix between Splendid/C&C and Clu. A great line in my opinion and I can't wait to see what we get.

We'll also be getting more apparel from French designer Vanessa Bruno, another women's line that sold very well at our Fashion Island store last season. We have a couple new Spring items in already from this line, but I'm excited to see more!

For all my chicas trying to get themselves a pair of high-waisted denim shorts like our celebs below, the Alice McCall Hi-Waist Denim shorts are being shipped as we speak so sit tight and keep calling in to see when it arrives because I am thinking this trend will stay through the Summer and you're gonna want a sexy pair of your own to strut in! This is what I believe will be sent in, as it's the only denim shorts I could find on Alice McCall's site this season and it is one hot sexy pair if I do say so myself:



Other celebs in various other denim shorts:


Mischa Barton being very busy-busy in her barely there denim shorts exposing her pockets. Which I personally think is a hot look. The fit and rise complements her well, which is a rare thing for the fired "O.C" actress.














Here's Ashley Olsen in what appears to be a vintage pair of denim shorts which I'd prefer over Mischa's. AR has a variety of denim shorts in all sorts of colorful washes in our vintage section at our store, so you too can have this sexy classic vintage look. And hey, you'll pay less, AND you'll be very up-to-date with the trend! Plus, with vintage, you can expect the rise to already be a little bit higher anyway.










Keira Knightley is making a bold fashion statement pairing her denim shorts with leggings, which I feel defeats the whole purpose of wearing shorts, but a part of me actually likes this get-up, so I applaude Ms. Knightley. There is a pair of Diesel denim shorts at the store that look very close to what she's wearing. If anything, I think our Diesel denim shorts are cuter! But the style is pretty much the same. I believe we only have a few sizes left as it came in a couple months ago.










Image Source

No comments: